Developer Iron Gate AB have warned players of Valheim of a bug that can reset their progress, and are working to fix it.
Published by Coffee Stain Publishing, the game left Early Access on February 2nd, soon reaching one million sales by February 10th. However, Iron Gate AB CEO Richar Svensson has warned players of a critical bug via Twitter. “If you are playing Valheim this weekend, please backup your world and characters. The evil world-destroyer bug is still roaming free =(“
While Iron Gate AB have been unable to replicate the issue, Svensson says the issue arises more when closing the game via Alt+F4. As such, he recommends closing the game via the menu. At this time of writing, there has been no word on the bug from the game’s Steam store page, nor the game’s official Twitter account.
Players can find their worlds and characters saved under C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim\ on Windows PC.
Valheim is an open world survival craft game, where you play as a Norse warrior who died in abttle. Now their soul is in the tenth world of Valheim, and must help conquer the chaotic purgatory, and retake it from the ancient foes of the gods. Gather materials with up to ten players, build gear and strongholds, and sail to distant lands.
The game features partial community translation in Swedish, Italian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Finnish, Danish, Icelandic, Lithuanian, Czech, Hungarian, European Portuguese, and Korean (albeit, incomplete).
You can find the abridged rundown (via Steam) below.
A battle-slain warrior, the Valkyries have ferried your soul to Valheim, the tenth Norse world. Besieged by creatures of chaos and ancient enemies of the gods, you are the newest custodian of the primordial purgatory, tasked with slaying Odin’s ancient rivals and bringing order to Valheim.
Your trials begin at the disarmingly peaceful centre of Valheim, but the gods reward the brave and glory awaits. Venture forth through imposing forests and snow-capped mountains, explore and harvest more valuable materials to craft deadlier weapons, sturdier armor, viking strongholds and outposts. Build a mighty longship and sail the great oceans in search of exotic lands … but be wary of sailing too far…
- Huge procedurally-generated world – explore and inhabit mystical lands, from mysteriousforests to imposing snow-topped mountain ranges and stunning meadows, complete with their own creatures of legend to battle and wildlife to hunt.
- Co-op PvE (2-10 players) – – Whether you want to brave the lands alone or venture with trusted allies, Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation. We recommend playing co-op with 3-5 players.
- Punishing dodge & block based combat system with a wide range of weapons
- Build & sail ships – from flimsy rafts to imposing warships, build legendary vessels to conquer the seas and discover new lands.
- Summon and defeat vengeful primordial bosses of myth and legend, and collect trophies to progress and craft new powerful items
- Flexible house and base building system – raise mead halls, farms, settlements outposts, castles and more.
- Intuitive item crafting – forge the finest weapons and armour, and craft food and mead.
- Dedicated server- for players who want to run a persistent server. If you prefer not to run a server on your PC, consider renting a server at G-Portal.
Valheim is available on Windows PC and Linux (via Steam).