Publisher Big Sugar and developer Steel Mantis have announced Valfaris: Mecha Therion is finally launching this month.
The sequel to their hit 2D action-platformer from 2019 is launching on November 21st for Windows PC (via Steam and GOG), and sometime in 2024 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PS4, and PS5.
Here’s a rundown on the 2020-announced game, plus a new trailer:
Therion returns as the hunt for Lord Vroll continues. Pilot an advanced machine of death and destruction in this explosive 2.5D side-scrolling shoot ‘em up, and sequel to the critically acclaimed Valfaris. Strap in and unleash mecha hell!
After escaping Valfaris, Therion’s hunt for the evil Lord Vroll has taken him across the galaxy. As the final, inevitable showdown looms, Therion harnesses the awesome combat ability of his secret weapon – Mecha Therion!
A formidable suit of weaponised metal, Mecha Therion can be equipped with an array of devastating firepower, including Therion’s trademark Hellwraith – a minigun that shoots tormented souls.
- Strap in and unleash mecha hell!
- Fight through multiple levels of hostile alien territory
- Master a range of Destroyer, Melee, and Auxiliary class weapons
- Configure your Mecha loadout with your favourite weapon combos
- Earn Blood Metal to upgrade weapons and add-ons