V Rising‘s newest update is looming close, and to keep fans even more interested, Stunlock Studios has shared a new Gloomrot trailer alongside the update’s announcement.
Their announcement reads:
A FRESH CHAPTER ON YOUR VAMPIRE JOURNEY!
Glorious children of the night!
Behold new footage of the coming update, just one week away on May the 17th. For those of you who have missed it, here’s a quick catch-up on some of the features you can expect to revamp your blood-
- BUILD EPIC CASTLES – With this update comes multi-level castles, the new territory system, and sweeping improvements to building and decorating your lair! Finally, you have the tools to make a mighty citadel worthy of
- A NEW WORLD – Vardoran has been reimagined! From beautiful new vistas that house terrifying and mystifying new threats to the cursed, choking mist that completely warps the Cursed Forest experience, you can
discover the human-infested lands as if it’s your first time again.
- ENTER GLOOMROT – A massive new zone with two unique areas twisted in the pursuit of cruel science. Navigate polluted valleys and lightning-scorched highlands to face the mutated experiments and mechanical wonder spawned from the maddened imaginations of the Trancendum.
- EVOLVED COMBAT – Confront these new threats with an ascended spell system that has been revamped to make each spell school feel unique, including the new Storm magic. Modify your magic with new spell jewels. Cut down waves of enemies with the sweeping strikes of the greatsword, or go for black powder devastation with the dual pistols.
- HUNT NEW BOSSES – New powers roam the lands. Fight powerful new V Blood bosses all across the land of Vardoran and defeat them in epic showdowns so that you can drink their blood to gain their knowledge and abilities.
The full trailer for Gloomrot can be viewed below:
V Rising has been available for Windows PC via Steam, via early access. In case you missed it – we found the game extremely promising in our thorough video and written preview – which you can find here.