Stunlock Studios have announced vampire survival RPG V Rising launches via early access in May 2022.
While the game had several closed beta tests prior, V Rising launches via early access on May 17th for Windows PC via Steam.
In V Rising, players take on the role of a weakened vampire that has just awoken after a centuries-long slumber. Now you’ll need to satisfy your hunger for blood and conquest by exploring an open world sandbox set in a dangerous gothic world. Scavenge for resources and gradually build up a sprawling estate that will need to be defended from holy crusaders and pitchfork-wielding peasants. Conquer the land of the living alone or recruit other vampires to your cause in online co-op.
Here’s a previous gameplay trailer for the game:
While V Rising launches via early access next month, you can find the game’s previous Gothic World trailer here.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
V Rising launches via early access
A Vampire Survival Experience
Awaken as a weakened vampire after centuries of slumber. Hunt for blood in nearby settlements to regain your strength while hiding from the scorching sun to survive. Rebuild your castle and convert humans into your loyal servants in a quest to raise your vampire empire. Make allies online, fend off holy soldiers, and wage war against other players in a world of conflict.
Will you become the next Dracula?
- A Gothic Open-World – Explore a vast world teeming with mythical beings and danger. Travel through lush forests, open countryside, and dark dungeons to discover valuable resources, meeting friends and foes alike along the way. Traverse the world with vampire comrades or hunt solo as you pillage villages, raid bandits, and wander into the domains of supernatural beasts.
- Fear the light – Rule the night – Stick to the shadows during the daytime, or the burning sunlight will turn you to ashes. Roam the night and prey on your victims in the darkness. As a vampire, you must quench your bloodlust and plan your strategies around the day/night cycle.
- Raise your Castle – Gather resources and discover ancient techniques to gain dark powers. Use your newly acquired knowledge to build a castle where you can store your loot and grow your army of darkness. Personalize your domain, exhibit your vampiric style and make sure to craft coffins for servants and friends. Strengthen your castle while the threat from other players is rising.
- Compete or Cooperate – Travel alone or explore the world with friends. Fighting side by side with other vampires will give you an advantage in your battle against the strongest creatures and most powerful humans. Raid other players’ castles or play the diplomat in the game of blood, power, and betrayal. Compete or cooperate – the choice is yours.
- Master your Vampire – Learn and master an arsenal of deadly weapons and unholy abilities. In V Rising, you aim skill-shots and dodge projectiles using precise WASD controls and cursor-based aiming – no click to move. Tailor your play-style by combining melee or range weapons with a variety of powerful spell kits. Master your skills and unleash your wicked powers.