Ludomotion and Big Sugar announced Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy during the PC Gaming Show.
This roguelite action-RPG promises to be a huge sequel to a relatively small and obscure game from 2017.
Unexplored 2 is leaving its humble, 2D visuals behind in favor of a far more detailed 3D world. You can check out the announcement trailer above.
The announcement coincided with the launch of a crowdfunding campaign on Fig.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy is a roguelite action-RPG and prodigious sequel to the critically acclaimed indie gem, Unexplored. Leave the Dungeon of Doom behind and venture into a vast, wondrous world as you embark on a heroic quest to destroy the mysterious Staff of Yendor.
Explore beautiful landscapes and discover hidden marvels. Encounter magical creatures and dangerous foes. Make brave choices and put your faith in good fortune. Featuring a unique legacy system, advanced procedural generation technology, and rich, generative storytelling,
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy is an adventure like no other.
- Legacy system: the actions of past heroes impact the fortunes of those that follow in their footsteps. Use your legacy wisely to give successive adventurers greater hopes of completing their quest
- Permadeath in a persistent world: when a hero dies, they stay dead. But you can choose to return to the same world with a new adventurer, forearmed with knowledge of what lies ahead. Or, if you prefer, begin a new adventure in a completely uncharted world
- Generative storytelling: there is no premeditated script in Unexplored 2. Every adventurer’s ultimate goal may be the same – to destroy the Staff of Yendor – but every hero will have their own unique story of the events and encounters that happened along the way
- Procedural generation: Ludomotion’s proprietary technology generates content that feels designed by humans, not algorithms, and can create a near infinite number of new lands, new places, new stories, and new challenges to discover
- Orchestral adaptive soundtrack: an intricate system allows Unexplored 2’s music to be arranged reactively, making subtle changes to the score at appropriate times, whether a moment of high emotion, or to provide foreshadowing
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy will be launching on Windows PC via Steam sometime next year. It will also come to consoles, though specific platforms haven’t been announced yet.