Kalypso Media is celebrating the 20th anniversary of prosperous and not at all tyrannical rule on the Caribbean archipelago of Tropico.
The popular series of satirical city builders set in a tropical banana republic started in 2001 with the original Tropico. The franchise was first published by Kalypso Media for 2009’s Tropico 3, with the most recent game in the series being 2019’s Tropico 6. Kalypso Media have discounted all of the games and DLC in the franchise on Steam to celebrate, with deals going upwards of 75% off for the older games.
Tropico 6 in particular will be celebrating with some limited time events, including special decorations and the Piñata Llama hunt. You can find a trailer celebrating the franchise’s 20th anniversary below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
El Presidente is back!
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Online multiplayer for up to 4 players.
In times of political turmoil and social unrest, the people are calling for visionary leaders, who will steer the fate of their country with foresight and ingenuity. Prove yourself once again as a feared dictator or peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico and shape the fate of your very own banana republic through four distinctive eras. Face new challenges on the international stage and always keep the needs of your people in mind.
For the first time in the series, manage extensive archipelagos, build bridges to connect your islands and use new means of transportation and infrastructure. Send your Tropicans on raids to steal the wonders of the world, including the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Customize your palace at will and give election speeches from your balcony, to win the favor of your subjects.