Square Enix has announced a release date for Towa Tsugai, their recently announced lesbian training “battle fantasy RPG.”
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
The world is beginning to be invaded by the “Black Sea”. Suddenly, “magical beasts” appear out of the sea, and the most important of them, “calamity,” is on the rise. The most important of them are the “Witches of Disaster”.
An organization created by the people to fight against the monsters. CAGE” is an organization created by the people to fight against the monsters. The girls called “Tori” are sent to the front line.
A powerful enemy. An organization that continues to fight. Their minds and bodies breaking down. And yet, the girls resist.
With only the one and only “Tsugai” as their emotional support.
The girls of “Tori” form a pair called “Tsugai” and they protect and defend their opponents and fight together.
Raise your guess Tsugai and challenge the battle against the powerful witches who attack one after another.
Towa Tsugai features
- The depth of the “Tsugai” bond is the key to victory or defeat – The battle unfolds by making full use of coordinated attacks and summoning pillars that can be equipped one per “Tsugai”. The deeper the bond between “Tsugai,” the more powerful their abilities become, and the more secret stories they can tell each other.
- The main storyline progresses through beautiful graphics – The story of the girls in “Tori” is told with beautiful graphics. The story of the unique “Tori” girls is fully voiced by a cast of gorgeous voice actors.
- Active time battle – The game also features an auto mode that automatically attacks enemies. Even those who are not good at games can play easily.
Introduction of the couples (Tsugai)
The Couple of Destiny
- Crow (CV: Reina Kondo)
- Swan (CV: Rika Tachibana)
- They met in “CAGE” and decided to pair up. Although they clash at first, they get to know each other and deepen their bond. They seem to be like old friends. The two are destined to be together for a long time.
The Twin Couple
- Enaga (CV: Hina Tachibana)
- Suzume (CV: Riyo Takahashi)
- Identical twins. They have been together since birth.
- They love each other dearly, but sometimes hurt each other because they are too close. Although they are still very young, they are trying to build a relationship in their own way.
The Childhood Friends Couple
- Owl (CV: Koizumi Moeka)
- Flamingo (CV: Azumi Wakei)
- Two childhood friends.
- Although their personalities are opposites, they have become irreplaceable to both of them through their constant companionship. Their feelings for each other may take different forms, but their love for the other person remains unchanged.
The Conspiracy Couple
- Hachidori (CV: Miu Tomita)
- Tsuru (CV: Rena Ueda)
- These two met after belonging to CAGE.
- They were paired as a result of their mutual interests, and have a relaxed, detached relationship. Although they are connected only by the promises they have made to each other, they are getting along surprisingly well.
The Right and Wrong Couple
- Shrike (CV: Akari Kito)
- Tsubame (CV: Minami Hyuga)
- Each was active on their own, but for various reasons, they became a pair.
- Their ideals and beliefs are diametrically opposed and they constantly clash with each other, but they sometimes work well together in battle. They seem to have met somewhere in the past, but Shrike does not want to talk about it.
This is Niche Imports. In this column, we regularly cover games that haven’t been announced for western audiences yet. Please leave feedback and let us know if there’s something you want us to cover!