Publisher Phoenixx and co-developers ReZero Doujinsha and Nishoku Yuushicho have announced Touhou Mystia’s Izakaya is getting a Nintendo Switch.
The new Switch port for the Gensokyo-themed restaurant sim is launching sometime in 2024. ouhou Mystia’s Izakaya has been available for PC (via Steam) since 2021.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Today, the young night sparrow youkai Mystia Lorelei is still chasing her dream——Her dream to become the most popular izakaya owner in Gensokyo. Day after day, she worked hard making a name for herself and attracting customers from all over Gensokyo.
Then, on one fateful day, a certain customer paid her a visit. On that day, both her dream and her future were shattered.
Having lost everything, she had to restart from scratch. And so, her life indebted to the tyrannical Yakumo family began…
“Don’t underestimate a grass root youkai’s aspiration and determination! I will protect thatfull and satisfied smiles of Gensokyo’s people!”
The young night sparrow will never give up. Besides, having being helped by Mystia, the powerful residents of Gensokyo will surely return the favor!
A brand new izakaya simulation gameplay! You play as Mystia, the proud owner of a mobile izakaya. During the day, you collect ingredients all over Gensokyo, learn new recipes, collect or buy beverages… all in order to create the perfect dining experience. In other words, there is no battle and no danmaku in this game, only customers with varying demands that you need to fulfill!
- You izakaya will be visited by different customers every night. They have different preferences, budget, and favourite dishes.
Serve customers and remember their preferences, fill your cooking with music and love, and cook the perfect dish for each customer!
Meanwhile, familiar characters from Gensokyomay visit as rare customers.Instead of ordering directly, they only give hints on what they want to eat.If you can satisfy them, they will give you special rewards using their unique “reward spell cards”!
If you learn what each reward spell card does and string them into powerful combos, earning a hundred thousand yen a night isn’t a dream!
- After satisfying Rumia’s preference, she will happily reward you with three meat ingredients
- By satisfying rare customers consecutively, a combo reward is triggered!
But what happens if you disappoint them? They will unleash their “punish spell cards” and punish you in the name of Gensokyo!
- Serving dishes carelessly earns you a headbutt from sensei.
2.Numerous Characters and Events
2.1 After the first appearance of each rare customer, Mystia will record information about them in her notebook, including their food and drink preferences, frequently appearing areas, and a funny little description.
During daytime, she can communicate with them and enhance her bond with them. After reaching a certain bond level, they will provide Mystia with powerful support! Can you become best friends with your favorite characters?
- Mystia’s handbook is full of useful information and secrets
- As bond level increases, your customers become you friends and can provide you with many supports
2.2 While operating, Mystia will gain many companions, who can help with running the restaurant. They can serve dishes, serve beverages, or cook. With three companions, you can simply sit back and relax while they run the restaurant – though you still need to cater to the rare customers yourself.
- Each companion can only perform one job. Set jobs for your companions before you open for business.
- Kosuzu is busy cooking, Sakuya is serving beverages, and… Reisen! Stop goofing off!
2.3 By meeting and chatting with your friends, you can learn their stories, build stronger bonds. All your seemingly ordinary friends all have their own stories, and would only share them with you when they consider you a true friend.
- Wriggle is already Mystia’s friend, so she speaks casually around her
- With business at the shrine improving, Reimu’s brows finally loosened
- The memory of Gensokyo, born for the sake of completing the Gensokyo Chronicle, Akyuu has never had a life of her own
Each character has their own storyline.If you delve into them, you can learn their stories, whether happy or sad.
3. The bright and colorful world of Gensokyo
As the game proceeds, you will gain access to six primary locations: Youkai Trail, Human Village, Hakurei Shrine, Scarlet Devil Mansion, Bamboo Forest of The Lost, and Hakugyokurou.
Each of these locations is meticulously illustrated to recreatethe details and settings from the source material.
- The starting location, Youkai Trail
- The Human Village, crowded and filled with merchants and shops
- The quietHakurei Shrine
- Home of the jovial devil, Scarlet Devil Mansion
- Mysterious, dangerous, yet attractive, the Bamboo Forest of The Lost
Mystia’s basement has plenty of room for all sorts of collectibles, including costumes, event CG albums, soundtrack CDs, and decorations from friends.
In the basement, you can put on your favorite costume, view the CGs for events that had occurred, listen to music, or use decorations to improve your business.
- Mystia’s closet has many cute costumes
- Event CG album, where you can view your favourite events
- Music CDs, where you can put your favourite track on loop
- Decorations, which grant unique benefits to your business
5.Unforgettable audiovisual enjoyment
As a pixel art game, we spent a lot of time on the visual presentation for Touhou Mystia’s Izakaya to create a smooth visual experience for players. Also, every in-game soundtrackwas painstakingly composed, and I believe any one of them can become one of your favorites in your MP3.
- 5.1 Over 30 desktop-level high resolution pixel CG
- 5.2 More than 30 finely crafted character artworks
- 5.3 More than 30 melodious BGM soundtracks
There are still more surprises waiting to be found in the game…
Become a successful yet personable izakaya owner and accomplish your dream to sing freely in the whole Gensokyo!
This is Niche Imports. In this column, we regularly cover games that haven’t been announced for western audiences yet.