The latest DLC for Total War: Warhammer III is available now. The DLC, titled The Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs, introduces the chaos dwarf race among the playable choices for players.
The release of this DLC also coincides with a new update where legendary hero Ulrika Magdova will be available to all owners of the game. In order to unlock her, players must sign up for a Creative Assembly account and complete her in-game mission in Total War: Warhammer III.
Here’s the launch trailer for the DLC:
Here’s a rundown of the DLC:
Three Foul Legendary Lords:
The Chaos Dwarfs are an industrious, dark-souled and merciless warrior race of Dwarf Daemonsmiths, subjugators and brutal killers. Three of their most brutal Legendary Lords will be yours to command:
Astragoth Ironhand, High Priest of Hashut, is the most potent Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer-Prophet. However, his body has begun to petrify, confining him to near-living entombment within a powerful mech-suit.
Drazhoath the Ashen, Sorcerer Prophet of Hashut, is the Lord of the Black Fortress and commander of the fell Legion of Azgorh. Exiled by Astragoth, Drazhoath’s mastery of magic and engineering has only grown stronger, as has his thirst for revenge.
Zhatan the Black is the commander of the Tower of Zharr. His unmatched battle prowess has left the hell forges struggling to keep up with his insatiable demand for weapons and munitions.
A Blood-Fuelled Ancestral Feud:
The Chaos Dwarfs seek an unimaginable power to conquer the known world, the Blood of Hashut – a powerful being emblematic of fire, greed, and tyranny. To gain this, they must construct the Great Drill of Hashut to burrow through the very fabric of reality to breach its domain. This can only be done by corrupting precious relics from their ancestral enemies, the Dwarfs.But the Dwarfs hold grudges, seeking revenge for the tainting of their ancient heirlooms.
A Legion Of Infernal Warriors:
The Chaos Dwarfs ranks are a diverse mix of iron clad warriors and hellish beasts from the Infernal Guard and Bull Centaurs to daemon-infused monsters such as K’daai Fireborn. Yet the true might of the Chaos Dwarfs comes from their diabolical war machines which range from Magma Cannons and Skullcrackers to the hellish Dreadquake Mortar and the colossal K’daai Destroyer.
Alongside these, the Hobgoblin Chieftain turned Chaos Dwarf enforcer, Gorduz Backstabber will be a recruitable Legendary Hero. Having outlived most of his fellow tribal leaders, his naturally distrustful disposition and lashings of cunning make him an enduring talent for survival. Watch your back.
Merciless Campaign Mechanics:
- To maximize the potential of your Chaos Dwarf empire you must mercilessly exploit four unique campaign mechanics:
- The Hell Forge allows the infernal Chaos Dwarf legions to grow mightier by developing special schematics forged in fire, each of which grants hellish battle bonuses.
- The Tower of Zharr sees the Chaos Dwarfs (un)diplomatically vie for ownership of special Seats within this mighty council, granting unique faction rewards upon promotion.
- Convoys allow the trading of war tools in return for a variety of resources, whilst engaging in battles and exchanging labourers along the way, ensuring the rewards keep flowing.
- The Economy requires a multi-layered approach to the subjugation and management of labourers to keep the forges fuelled, construct advanced buildings, and expand the empire
There is also the release of free DLC that comes along with this launch. The other DLC is called Tzeentchian Mirror of Madness, which is a collaboration event with Intel.
Total War: Warhammer III is available for Windows PC, Linux, and Mac (via the Epic Games Store, and Steam), and is also on Xbox Game Pass.