Sega and Creative Assembly have announced the release date for Total War: Warhammer II.
The upcoming real-time strategy sequel will launch for PC on September 28th. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the game.
If you pre-order the game through a SEGA approved retailer before release or within the first week of sale, you’ll get the bonus free Race Pack DLC for the original Total War: Warhammer. The unconfirmed content will be available for the first game prior to the second game’s release.
A new “Serpent God Edition” was also revealed. Setting you back $150, the new collector’s edition comes with the following:
An artefact fit for a god, or at the very least a devoted Slann Mage-Priest, the Serpent God Edition comes in a scaled turquoise presentation box, replete with stone-effect glyphs modelled on Lord Mazdamundi’s headpiece, detailing the temple-cities of Lustria. Treat it with reverence, lest you sully its magnificence.
- Race Pack DLC for Total War: WARHAMMER: a new, currently unannounced Race Pack for the first game in the trilogy. Adds a new Race, two new Legendary Lords and a host of new monstrous units and unique mechanics. Will be delivered and playable before Total War: WARHAMMER II is released.
- Stone Effect Puzzle Sphere: This relic of the Old Ones can only be opened by the wise, the dextrous or the cunning.
- Carved Bone-Effect Totems: Secreted inside the cryptic sphere is a selection of bone-totems hailing from the exotic jungles of Lustria.
- Art book: A weighty collection of exclusive concept art, the thematic starting points for the many warriors, environments and settlements in Total War: WARHAMMER II.
- Embossed Metal Case: Protect your game discs from Lustrian perils with this lovingly-sculpted metal case.
- Exclusive Insider Guide: A printed strategy guide for Total War: WARHAMMER II, this book is packed with insider information to get you started with the new playable races, offering invaluable advice to help you dominate the Great Vortex and master the battlefield.
- Sticker Sheet: Mark your territory with exclusive artwork of the four Races vying for control of the Great Vortex.
- Canvas Map with Lizardmen Stylised Artwork: Plan your campaigns of conquest as every great leader should with this gorgeously illustrated canvas map of the New World.
- Saurus Blade Necklace with hidden 8GB USB: A finely-detailed replica weapon of the mighty Saurus warriors, and the perfect vault for your most sacred digital scrolls.
There’s also a limited edition planned at select retailers, which includes: the metal case and Insider Guide detailed above in the Serpent God Edition. If you want to get the regular version, you can find that on its official Steam page.
The upcoming sequel is the second game in the planned trilogy of games. Players can expect “hundreds of hours of immersive gameplay” in an entirely new campaign. The combined map of the original game and this sequel will be available for free shortly after launch to owners of both games.
In case you missed it, you can find our review for the original Total War: Warhammer here (we highly recommend it!). If you’re at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo, Total War: Warhammer II will be playable at Sega’s booth.