Creative Assembly have announced the release date for The Furious Wild, the next DLC pack for Total War: Three Kingdoms.
The Furious Wild DLC expands the game map to the jungles of Southern China, and focuses on the Nanman tribes. The DLC adds four new factions with unique Nanman-specific tech trees, mechanics, and units, including a variety of war animals like elephants and tigers.
You can find The Furious Wild trailer trailer below.
Total War: Three Kingdoms – The Furious Wild launches September 3rd for $18.99.
You can find the abridged rundown of the new content (via Steam) below:
With the introduction of The Furious Wild Expansion Pack comes the first ever extension of the Total War: Three Kingdom’s map and its already rich cast of characters. Visit the jungles around Southern China and with it, the fearsome tribes of the Nanman. Will you unite the tribes of the south?
As well as expanding the Three Kingdoms map, The Furious Wild includes the new Nanman culture, adding diversity to the base game factions, units and playstyles:
- 4 new playable factions each with their own unique mechanics, with 19 new factions overall populating southern China
- 25+ new units including exciting and formidable animal units
- New ferocious character artwork
- New Nanman-specific tech tree with keystone technologies requiring missions to be completed
- A completely new character progression style, with feats used to unlock traits
- Unique missions and narrative events bespoke for the Nanman culture
- One goal to ‘Unite the Tribes’, but how will you achieve it, through diplomacy or conquest?
- Playable in 190 and 194 start dates
Difference unites as much as it divides
In the verdant jungles of Southern China, forces so far unmet are stirring. The disparate tribes of the Nanman have for centuries lain divided, but now a new leader must emerge to unite them – by any means necessary.
The mighty warriors Meng Huo, King Mulu, Lady Zhurong and King Shamoke bring with them unique methods of battle, from flaming maces and blowpipes, to revered elephants and tigers. Separated they are vulnerable, together, they might just be unstoppable.
Play as any of the new playable Nanman factions in the years before their encounter with Zhuge Liang and his famous Southern Campaign. Experience the might of the Southern tribes, all while exploring new areas of the Three Kingdoms map. Can you unify these unique warriors and take on the mighty Han, or will jungle warfare take its toll on these newly formed allegiances?