Publisher Nicalis and developer Nabi Studios have announced Toribash Next, a new free-to-play fighting game sequel.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
THE NEXT GREAT FIGHTING GAME
Toribash Next is the sequel to Toribash, the award-winning turn-based sandbox fighting game. Toribash revolutionized the genre by allowing players to create their own moves during a match, using easy-to-understand 3D physics tools. Toribash Next takes fighting games to the next level with weapons, four-player battles and a new replay editor, plus more of the customization and modding options that made the original game a fan favorite.
WHERE WILL YOU STRIKE NEXT?
Challenge your friends to a bloody four-player free-for-all, or team up for freestyle tricking and parkour exhibitions. Change the rules, spawn items and even alter the environment right in the middle of a match. Create epic martial-arts replays by editing in new moves after the fact. Toribash Next gives you the freedom to make the moves you’ve dreamed of making… and play the way you’ve dreamed of playing!
- Innovative turn-based gameplay with 3D body movement and physics
- 20 different articulation points that can be manipulated in each turn (21 with weapons)
- Game modes include Classic, Samurai Fight, Aikido and Gun Duel
- All-new 3- and 4-player modes, including team fights and freefor-all
- Equippable weapons including guns, swords and staves
- New Replay Editor lets you return to any point in a completed fight and change the outcome
- Wide variety of character, environment and rule customizations
- In-game economy: Buy and sell custom characters and mods
- Player-hosted servers