Publisher Perfect World Entertainment and developer Echtra Games have announced the release date for Torchlight III.
The latest in the long-running action RPG series will exit Early Access and launch for Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on October 13th. A Nintendo Switch version is launching sometime later this year.
“The full release of Torchlight III wouldn’t have been possible without all of the incredible work from the entire Echtra team and our excellent community of Early Access players,” Echtra Games CEO and Torchlight series co-founder Max Schaefer said in a statement. “We’ve put our heart into this new adventure and it has been awesome getting so much support from players while the game has been in live development. With the significant changes we’ve made throughout Torchlight III’s journey in Early Access, we have done our best to meaningfully integrate players’ feedback as much as possible into the game as we march toward launch. Next month, we can’t wait to welcome all players to the Frontier!”
Here’s a rundown on the game:
It’s been a century since the events of Torchlight II, and the Ember Empire is in decline. In Torchlight III, Novastraia is again under threat of invasion and it’s up to you to defend against the Netherim and its allies. Gather your wits and brave the frontier to find fame, glory, and new adventures!
- Travel the Frontier – Explore the wilderness, party with friends, gather materials to craft gear, or use magic to enter unknown dungeons! There’s always something to do in the new frontier.
- Build & Upgrade Your Fort – It’s time to rebuild – and that includes you! Enjoy your very own fort, where you can upgrade gear and renovate your fort to show off to your friends and the world.
- Collect Epic Gear – Whether it’s armor, weapons, dyes, recipes, or even new pets…there’s always more to find as you battle through dungeons and take on dangerous foes.
- Pets Are Back – Fight your way to fame and glory with your loyal companion! Add skills and equip them with gear to make them stronger. Each species comes in a myriad of colors and styles, so make sure to collect them all!
- Build Your Hero – With four unique classes to choose from, players can utilize class-specific mechanics to maximize damage and their odds of survival. Combine epic gear, Relic powers, and class abilities to customize your playstyle.