Activision have revealed part of the soundtrack for Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2, and is available to listen through Spotify.
- Police Truck (Dead Kennedys, Give me Convenience of Give Me Death)
- Superman (Goldfinder, Hang-Ups)
- Jerry Was A Race Car Driver (Primus, Sailing The Seas of Cheese)
- New Girl (The Suicide Machines, Destruction By Definition)
- Here and Now (The Ernies, Meson Ray)
- Euro-Barge (The Vandals, Hitler Bad, Vandals Good)
- Blood Brothers (Papa Roach, Infest)
- Pin the Tail on the Donkey (Naughty By Nature, Naughty By Nature)
- You (Bad Religion, No Control)
- When Worlds Collide (Powerman 5000, Tonight The Stars Revolt)
- No Cigar (Millencolin, Pennybridge Pioneers)
- Cyclone (Dub Pistols, Point Blank)
- May 16 (Lagwagon, Let’s Talk About Feelings)
- Subculture – Diesel Boy + Kaos VIP (Styles of Beyond, Diselboy + Kaos, Subculture)
- Heavy Metal Winner (Consumed, Breakfast at Pappa’s)
- Evil Eye (Fu Manchu, The Action Is Go)
- Five Lessons Learned (Swingin’ Utters, Five Leasons Learned)
Comparing this to the soundtrack lists for the original Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 soundtracks (via the series’ Fandom wiki [1, 2]) it appears some tracks are not returning. These include:
- Cyco Vision (Suicidal Tendencies)
- Committed (Unsane)
- Bring the Noise (Anthrax & Public Enemy, Attack of the Killer B’s, Apocalypse 91… The Enemy Strikes Black)
- Guerrilla Radio (Rage Against the Machine, The Battle of Los Angeles)
- B-Boy Document ’99 (The High & Mighty, featuring Mos Def & Mad Skillz, Home Field Advantage)
- Out With the Old (Alley Life)
The above list does not include tracks added with foreign releases, or releases on subsequent platforms to their original release.
Vilified by Evenrude, as well as Screamer and Nothing To Me by Speedealer were absent from the Spotify playlist as well. However the image in the official tweet shows the artists’ names. This may mean that while some tracks have been omitted from the Spotify playlist, they may still be in the game’s soundtrack.
UPDATE: In an interview with GameSpot, Vicarious Visions Studio Head Jen Oneal revealed that (in GameSpot’s words) “Activision was not able to secure every song from the original games due to licensing issues.” Oneal did state “All of your favorites will be there.”
You can find the full rundown (via Epic Games Store) below.
Play the fully-remastered Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ & Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ 2 games in one epic collection, rebuilt from the ground up in incredible HD.
Pre-purchase and receive:
- Access to the Warehouse Demo*
Drop Back In With The Most Iconic Skateboarding Games Ever Made
Skate as the legendary Tony Hawk and the full pro roster. Listen to songs from the era-defining soundtrack. Hit insane trick combos with the iconic handling of the Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ series.
All The Original Game Modes And More
Play all the original modes and go head-to-head with local 2-Player modes. Show off your style and creativity with upgraded Create-A-Park and Create-A-Skater features. Compete against players from around the world in Multiplayer modes and leaderboards.
*Warehouse Demo availability and launch date(s) to be announced and subject to change. Internet connection required. This pre-order will grant you access to that demo, when released. See www.tonyhawkthegame.com for details. Downloadable content may be made available to purchase.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 launches September 4th for Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.