New ARPG Toasty: Ashes of Dusk hit its funding goal within a couple hours, via its new Kickstarter campaign.
Within 5 hours of posting, Toasty: Ashes of Dusk hit its funding goal of $25,000, and at the time of writing, has received $58,000 total.
The development team detailed that funds raised in addition to the base goal would allow the addition of new areas, more quests, and, if a $70,000 goal is reached, the ability to have dating relationships.
Pocket Lama is creating Toasty: Ashes of Dusk with the aid of Top Hat Studios who will provide marketing and consulting assistance. Previous titles from Top Hat Studios include Synergia and Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story (We recommend it).
Here’s a trailer for the game:
Here is a rundown on Toasty: Ashes of Dusk:
Toasty: Ashes of Dusk
Welcome to the world of Geldia! Marshall’s quest for identity and to fight evil will take him to all corners of this magical land.
Your adventure across Geldia will take Marshall across these weird and wacky places…
1) SHROOMVILLE: It all starts here! A town ravaged by industrialization and slimy monsters, the mayor enlists your help to clean up the town and put the goopy terrors to pasture!
2) DOCK TOWN: This beautiful city by the sea has a real crime problem! Make your way through the bustling dockside shops and town square to stamp out the GUILD OF THIEVES once and for all!
3) CRUMBLETON: In the midst of the desert wastes lies a humble outpost besieged by a troublesome gang! Gear up for a motorcycle race, explore ancient ruins and show up to the courtroom to face a massive pile of garbage… Er, uh, I mean THE JUDGE.
4) AVARICE CITY: Neon lights and the pulse of electric nightlife beats at the heart of Avarice city; Infiltrate the shady operations at the Takara Casino and take down the boss, or she’ll make sure you disappear!
….AND MANY MORE AREAS TO EXPLORE!
What makes Toasty stand out is fun, tight gameplay with lots of interesting items and special abilities. We’ve taken a lot of inspiration from games that we loved playing while growing up and built on them to make something new and refreshing. By combining traditional sword combat, peculiar items, marshmallow abilities, and alternative gameplay modes like racing, fishing, Toasty is really something special.
On top of a bevy of fun/dangerous items, Marshall possess a handful of innate whacky Marshmallow Abilities that he can utilize in various puzzles and combat situations thanks to his unique, saccharin nature! Ok, what I’m trying to say is that you can squish him and it’s cute cause he’s a little marshmallow guy.
One of the last things we want to mention about Toasty‘s gameplay is sometimes it doesn’t even play by it’s own rules. There are some special occasions in game where the action will shift to other genres such as a turn-based RPG battle, a bike racing simulator, and more! These little moments help to flesh out the wild and weird world of the game, as well as break up the flow that you’d find in most action games.
Features at a glance…
- Explore a diverse world filled with unique NPCs, dungeons, and enemies
- Use your marshmallow form to your advantage! Burn, stick, roll, and squishyour way through multiple dungeons.
- Engage in an exciting trading sequence that will take you across all of Geldia
- Unlock new abilities and items allowing you to complete dungeons, puzzles and access previously inaccessibly areas.
- A loving tribute to MOTHER/EARTHBOUND, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Final Fantasy.
Storytelling takes a front line role in Toasty. The Land of Geldia has lost its champion to an ancient evil… Now a new hero will rise to the occasion and take his first squishy steps to greatness!
Marshall, the young knight with no memory of his past, has a newfound sense of purpose — Protect the strange citizens of this land from the horrors of the mysterious force known as LLARM. Marshall will make a perilous journey across Geldia, seeking out his memories, gaining new allies, and exploring the very fabric of reality itself!
Toasty: Ashes of Dusk is tentatively set for a September 2023 release and will be available for Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4/5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. For even more details on the game and its crowdsourcing campaign, you can visit Pocket Llama’s Gofundme page here.