Bromio has announced they’ll publish Neon City Riders.
The Mecha Studios-developed 2D action adventure game will release for Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch sometime in early 2020. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the game.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Can you dig a 2D action adventure game mixed with super-powered urban gangs setted in a post-cyberpunk neon scenario? Well, if you do, Neon City Riders is right for you!
Take on the role of Rick, a masked vigilante who needs to explore the decaying futuristic Neon City in search of items, superpowers, and companions to defeat the four super-powered gang bosses and free all its turfs from their claws.
Neon City Riders is an action-adventure game created by Mecha Studios and inspired in 80s sci-fi scene. Each turf is composed by different aesthetics, enemies, mechanics, puzzles and side-quests; giving Neon City Riders a multi-ending solid length experience.
Even when the cyberpunk generally is known to have a noir and dark nature, NCR have a very serious plot that lays on a colorful, cartoonish, chibi aesthetics; a catchy and jolly 16-bit based soundtrack; and a light-hearted narrative tone.
- Make your way into the depths of each turf while attacking, dashing and parrying waves of vicious gang members.
- Explore at your own phase the open-ended map of the Neon City’s turfs in the order that suits you.
- Unlock super-powers to enhance your strength and reach new areas.
- Use all your abilities to complete puzzles and open new routes in your map.
- Immerse in the multi-ending story through the cinema displays and the dialogues of the more than 100 Neon City inhabitants.
- Recruit useful partners to obtain improvements in your adventure.
- Fight against challenging bosses and show them who is the hero!
- Help the city inhabitants to complete the side-quests and obtain special items.
- Enjoy the original soundtrack inspired in the 80s and 90s video game consoles.