Indie developer Pixel Perfect Dude has announced #DRIVE Rally, a new throwback arcade racing game for PC and consoles.
The arcade racing game will release in 2024 for PC and Mac with its console ports coming sometime afterward.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
#DRIVE Rally not only nails the spirit of the 90s. It reignites it for a new generation of drivers. Whether you’re a veteran of dirt roads or a rookie just looking to get their tires wet, this game will let you redefine speed over and over again.
- #DRIVE World – From the sunny landscapes of Dry Crumbs, through the whispering woods of Holzberg, to the chilly wilderness of Revontuli. Take a journey to a diverse world you haven’t experienced in racing games before.
- Legendary Cars – Jump behind the wheel of legendary rally cars, including Das Holzwagen, The Doggo, The Bobond, and many more. We’re going 90s this time, so there’s also going to be new stuff. Das Sandsturm and Celestia just for a start!
- Passionate Co-Drivers – Your co-driver can be your biggest cheerleader and toughest judge. It’s a partnership that thrives on performance and emotions! Celebrate the victories together, but be ready to face criticism in failures.
- #DRIVE Design – Build your cars from the ground up to match your racing style and rally your way. Personalize the body, the paintwork, the decals, and then add that little cherry on top with custom decorations.
- #DRIVE Arcade Mechanics – Simple enough for beginners yet addictively challenging and demanding in its depth. It’s a handling system designed to bring back joy to racing games.
- Retro Revival – #DRIVE Rally is packed with throwbacks, nods, and Easter eggs that’ll make any car enthusiast take a trip down memory lane.
- Photo Mode – Get creative and capture your greatest #DRIVE Rally moments. Adjust the angles, switch filters, go crazy. Create the perfect shot and then share it with your friends.