Modus Games and Mane 6 have announced that their 2D fighter Them’s Fightin’ Herds console ports are coming.
Originally started as a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan project, Them’s Fightin’ Herds released on Windows PC via Steam back in 2020. Now, the cult hit 2D fighter will be coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S sometime in fall 2022. This includes a physical edition that is currently available for preorder.
Here’s the announcement trailer for the new Them’s Fightin’ Herds console ports:
In addition to the new Them’s Fightin’ Herds console ports, the game will be getting a variety of new content for all versions of the game. This includes a version 3.0 update with new mechanics and additional language localizations, as well as a Season Pass that includes 4 brand-new fighters, stages, and cosmetics.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Them’s Fightin’ Herds is a 2D fighting game featuring a cast of adorable animals designed by acclaimed cartoon producer Lauren Faust. Beneath the cute and cuddly surface, a serious fighter awaits!
- 4-Button Fighting – A (Light), B (Medium), C (Heavy), D (Magic).
- Magic System – Emphasize your character’s special abilities through a dedicated button and unique resource.
- Enhanced Super Attack – Spend an additional bar of meter during your super for a bonus utility effect.
- Juggle Decay – An infinite-prevention system that increases a character’s gravity the longer they stay in a combo, managing combo length without imposing hard limits.
- Dynamic Music System – Rockin’ character themes adapt in the heat of the battle to make every fight feel like a clash of champions.
- Rollback Netcode – Battle across the globe with little to no input delay with the power of GGPO.
- Local Versus and Online Matchmaking – Play at home or fight worthy opponents on-demand.
- Tutorial and Training Modes – Learn the ropes with guided tutorials, or practice on your own with a fully-featured, data-rich training room.
- Sharable Combo Trials – Test your skills with premade combo trials or create your own challenges and share with friends!
- Replay System – Record your matches then review every detail frame-by-frame!
- Pixel Lobby – Join our visual lobby system which lets players freely explore and interact in a top-down themed environment with nostalgic style. Customize your avatar with cosmetic items earned through play!
- Salt Mines – Hidden within each Pixel Lobby, a contest that pits players against waves of NPC predators and each other, combining dungeon crawl with fighting game.
- Story Mode – An episodic adventure filled with exploration, combat challenges, minigames, and boss fights! Each chapter follows one character’s personal quest to recover a magical, legendary key that will save the world from the return of vicious predators, banished in an age past. Chapter 1 (starring Arizona) is available now, with subsequent chapters to be released in the months following, free of charge.