Gato Studio have revealed a new gameplay trailer for The Waylanders at at IGN’s Summer of Gaming event.
As stated in IGN’s coverage, the tactical RPG was funded on Kickstarter, and written by Emily Grace Buck, Chris Avellone and Gavin Jurgens-Fyrhie. Based on the mythology of Celtic Spain, where players choose from six basic classes and “hundreds of potential skills.”
Players use combat formations to fuse characters together (based on historical formations along with fantastical ones), for advanced tactics. The early access build will have 10-12 hours of the planned 40-hour gameplay, with 8 locations divided among 40 maps.
The game also add loyalty quests, crafting improvements, advanced classes, and additional languages. The game is available for $34.99, with an additional 10% planned for launch.
You can find the official gameplay trailer below.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
EPIC STORY INSPIRED IN CELTIC MYTHOLOGY
The first meeting between the Celts and their gods, the Tuatha de Danaan should have been a time of celebration and enlightenment. But, when the negotiations go catastrophically wrong, you find yourself near death- and untethered from time! The land has been overtaken by magickal corruptions, and the kingdom, once peaceful, has splintered into multiple factions warring for the throne. The Celtic culture- a complex tapestry of different religions, cultures, mortal and immortal human races, werewolves, druids, goblins, and monsters threatens to tear at every seam. Will you support the immature yet rightful heir, or the pragmatic general? What alliances will you forge, what friendships will you foster, what romances will you pursue, and… what will you do when you are suddenly thrust into Medieval Spain?
You discover, because you have been untethered from time, that you are able to travel between the Celtic and Medieval eras. Things look pretty different in Galicia under Christianity than they did under Celtic rule. Where are your immortal allies now, and what has become of the souls of your mortal friends, reincarnated? Could the corrupt magicks that interfered during your meeting with the Tuatha have led to the destruction of all the Celtic world held dear? Or was a larger force of politics and religion at fault- or, perhaps, to thank for the changes the world has experienced?
The Waylanders is an exciting fantasy RPG inspired by classics such as Dragon Age: Origins and Baldur’s Gate.
- Unique, party-based experience that time travels between two distinct eras: Celtic and Medieval
- Story: written by international acclaimed scriptwriters: Emily Grace Buck (Lead Writer), Chris Avellone (Writer) and Mike Laidlaw (Consultant)
- Music by an Emmy award-winner,3 times BAFTA nominee and Fallout’s main theme composer, Inon Zur.
- Multiple endings: choices made in one time period can have dire consequences in the other, meaning players will feel the impact of their decisions in surprising and shocking ways.
- Strategy and innovation: gameplay features unique formations for deep, tactical combat
- Full character customization: 6 basic and 30 advanced classes, 5 playable races based on Celtic mythology and different origins for your character
- Companions: they are an integral part of any RPG experience, and The Waylanders offers a variety of traveling companions that can join you on your journey. The player will be able to talk to their companions in-depth, discover their past, play loyalty missions, and even experience romances with them.
The Waylanders will enter early access June 16th on Windows PC (via Steam).