Publisher Flyhigh Works and Shinobi non Grata developer Studio PICO have announced The Scramble Vice, a new sidescrolling mecha-action game.
The Scramble Vice is in development for Windows PC (via Steam) and has a release set for sometime in 2024.
Here’s a rundown on the new game, plus its reveal trailer:
In the year 2048, with the advancement of technology comes a spike in criminal acts using robots. The biggest perpetrators of crime are terrorists that are turning increasingly destructive by the day. Safety levels within the capital are at an all-time low.
Tasked to handle the situation is the notorious 9th Mobile Unit of the Tokyo Police Department, also known as “The Scramble Vice”.
Clad in an armed exoskeleton suit, police officer Sakuragi Kei of the 9th unit stands to fight robot crimes within Neo Tokyo!
Her suit “ASURA” can equip various firearms and melee weapons. It is also installed with a “Homing Missile” function that follows targets wherever they go, and a “Roller Boost” function that can dodge even the heaviest rain of enemy projectiles.
Are you ready to scramble up Tokyo?
- Dare we say it? Detailed pixel art and dynamic visual effects that make destruction aesthetically pleasing！
- Exhilarating robot action! Destroy enemies using firearms, melee weapons and homing missiles!
- Not everything has to be done piloting a robot; infiltrate enemy headquarters on foot!
- Apart from her exoskeleton suit, Kei can ride motorbikes and cars as well!
- With help from your friends, uncover the truth behind the anonymous terrorist group.
- Control a battle robot to defeat enemies and clear the stage by defeating the target boss!
- More than 10 types of weapons can be used in all 12 stages!
- Pilots can get off the robot and go undercover on missions by themselves!
- More than 10 types of vehicles can be piloted!