NIS America (NISA) have announced free DLC alongside one of the special editions for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 on Nintendo Switch.
The news comes via the official NISA blog. Therein it states that those who purchase the Thors Academy Edition for Nintendo Switch (or more specifically, the Extracurricular Edition within the Thors Academy Edition) will get the Standard Cosmetic Bundle for free.
The Standard Cosmetic Bundle includes the following.
- Self-Assertion Panels – Equippable messages that appear above playable characters’ heads. You can choose from 10 different messages.
- Cute Hair Extension Set – Equippable hair extensions to make your characters look even cuter.
- Cool Hair Extension Set – Equippable hair extensions to make your characters look even cooler.
- Raccoon Set – An equippable set of Raccoon ears and tail. Super charming!
- Snow Leopard Set – An equippable set of Snow Leopard ears and tail. Super wild!
- Bunny Set – An equippable set of Bunny ears and tail. Super cute!
- Rainbow Hair Set – A set of hair dye that allows you to change the hair color of Rean and the branch campus students. Its dazzling style will blind you with charm. Equippable on Rean, Juna, Kurt, Altina, Musse, and Ash.
- Angel Set – An equippable set of angel wings and a halo. Simply divine!
- Devil Set- An equippable set of demon wings and horns. Delightfully devilish!
- Ashen Knight Set – An equippable set of Valimar’s horn, wings, and waist armor. I hope senpai acknowledges me!
- ARCUS Cover Set A – A set of special ARCUS II covers featuring Rean, Altina, Ash, Towa, Tio, and Randy.
- ARCUS Cover Set B – A set of special ARCUS II covers featuring Juna, Kurt, Musse, Aurelia, Tita, and Agate.
- ARCUS Cover Set C – A set of special ARCUS II covers featuring Alisa, Laura, Elliot, Machias, Sara, and Elise.
- ARCUS Cover Set D – A set of special ARCUS II covers featuring Fie, Emma, Millium, Jusis, Gaius, and Siegfried.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 – Thors Academy Edition is available through the NISA store for $99.99 on June 30th. The Extracurricular Edition will also provide the Standard Cosmetic Bundle code “through other participating retailers.” More details will be available soon.
You can find the full run-down (via Steam) below:
Welcome to the New Class VII – Explore the newly annexed lands of the Empire with a brand new squad, and catch up with familiar faces from the past.
An Immersive Story – Experience an epic story developed across three titles, and crafted for new and old fans alike. Also includes an interactive introduction to catch up new players to the ongoing story so anyone can dive right in to the world of Trails of Cold Steel.
Combat Honed to a Fine Edge – Challenge oncoming threats with a combat system that has been refined over the course of decades. The addition of features like Brave Order and the Break System open up new possibilities in battle.
Rean Schwarzer uncovers a dark plot that threatens his homeland. To face their enemies, he must prepare a new generation of heroes as an instructor at a new branch campus and guide them towards victory.
Nearly a year and a half has passed since the Erebonian civil war, and much has changed since then. From the shifting stances of countries to the internal politics of the Empire, and even the life of Rean Schwarzer, the shadows of the past have given way to the embers of a new chapter. Now graduated from Thors Military Academy, Rean has become an instructor at the Thors Branch Campus, a newly-opened academy that quickly finds itself thrust onto the national stage. It is here that he takes the lead of a brand new Class VII, and must guide a new generation of heroes into an unknown future. Though all is calm now, the nefarious Ouroboros organization continues to weave a dark plot that could engulf the entire continent in war… Or perhaps something even more sinister.
Trails of Cold Steel III invites players into a world full of intrigue and excitement that is years in the making. They will embark on a whirlwind tour through the never-before-seen lands of the recently expanded Erebonian countryside, and encounter fresh faces as well as old friends familiar to fans of the series. In true Trails fashion, the deep, engaging story pairs with an incredible cast of characters and a combat system refined over decades of innovative RPG worldbuilding.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 is available on Windows PC (via GOG, and Steam), PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch in Japan (June 30th worldwide).