The Evil Within was originally set for a release in August of this year, but unfortunately the game will be delayed just a tiny bit to further polish the survival horror experience.
The game is now launching on October 21st in North America, October 23rd in Australia, and October 24th in Europe, across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.
“Shinji Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks have asked for additional time to further balance and refine the game in order to deliver the polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience they set out to create,” Bethesda said in a statement.
Alongside the announcement of a delay, Bethesda and Tango Gameworks shared a new trailer (featured above) to hopefully show you some fan reactions to the game, which takes the form of a mash up of gameplay and face cam reactions.
Additionally, the game is getting a new bundle called “The Fighting Chance Pack,” which comes with a host of additional items for players to use in game, including:
- Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells – A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.