Publisher Square Enix and developer Lancarse announced The DioField Chronicle is getting a huge update next year.
The new free update, set for March 2023, will add a new story branch, a new weapon, new skills, and new difficulty modes.
Here’s a rundown on what to expect in the new update:
The Diofield Chronicle March 2023 Update
- New Scenario – A story featuring Waltzing Redditch, one of the four chiefs of the mercenary group “Blue Fox,” unfolds. The new scenario is an original story that is not told in the main scenario. *The new scenario can be played after clearing Chapter 5 of the main scenario.
- New Enemies – Behemoth” appears as the final boss of the original story. It has unique skills such as resistance counter and rabidness, and stands as a powerful enemy. After clearing the new scenario, a higher difficulty sub-mission will be added in which an even stronger Behemoth will appear.
- New Weapon – In the new scenario added in the update, the “grimoire” will appear as a weapon exclusively for Waltherkin. Equipping the “grimoire” allows players to summon units and use skills to change their appearance into other forms.
- New Skills – Necromancy” summons a Skull Knight, and “Necrotame” transforms your unit into a Skull Dragon. Necromancy can summon a Skull Knight, and “Necrotame” which can turn your unit into a Skull Dragon.
- New Higher Difficulty – For those who wish to enjoy strategies at higher difficulty levels, “Extra Mode,” in which higher level enemies appear, will be selectable from the first chapter. Extra Mode allows players to carry over their levels, weapons, and skill trees after clearing the main scenario. This mode will be added as a function of “NewGame+”, and by turning on “Extra Mode”, the level of enemies will jump up to a level equivalent to the level after clearing the game.
- New Difficulty Level – In addition, “Very Hard” will be added to the difficulty selection. In “Very Hard,” fragment drops are reduced, enemy skill use frequency and cooldowns are shortened, rescue times and HP to recover are limited, and more challenging battles can be enjoyed. With “Extra Mode” turned on, the game can be played on difficulty levels from Casual to Very Hard. The “Very Hard” difficulty level can be selected even before clearing the main story.
Here’s a new trailer for the update:
The DioField Chronicle has been available since September 2022 worldwide, across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. In case you missed it, you can read our thorough review for the game here.