Publisher Enhance Games and co-developers Monstars, Resonair, and Stage Games announced Tetris Effect: Connected launches for PS5 and PS VR2 this month.
The PS5 and PlayStation VR2 versions are launching on February 22nd alongside a big new update for all platforms that adds several new game modes.
Here’s a rundown on new features exclusive to PS5 and PS VR 2, as well as other new content:
Close Your Eyes To Enter the ZONE
With PS VR2 eye tracking enabled in the game options, you can enter the ZONE by closing and then opening your eyes.
PS VR2 Headset Feedback
Transport yourself into the world of Tetris Effect: Connected where you can feel key moments in gameplay:
- Transitions are physical as you move between Journey Mode stages
- Feel the jolt of the haptics as you go into and out of the ZONE
Enhanced Controller Feedback
Experience a new layer of sensory stimulation through the dual actuators of the DualSense controller and the PS VR2 Sense controllers (one actuator in each) in these in-game actions:
- Left/right movements of Tetriminos
- Hard Drops and Soft Drops
- Transitions (between stages or launching stages from the Journey Mode menu)
- The start and end of ZONE
Frame Rate and Resolution
- PS VR2: 120fps with a resolution of 2000 x 2040 per eye
- PS5: 60fps, 4K
Transfer save data from the PS4 version to PS5
Owners can download and transfer PS4 saved data to the PS5 using cloud or extended storage or connect to the same network and transfer data directly from PS4 to PS5.
New Game Modes
- Tate (vertical) mode for Nintendo Switch
- Zone Marathon
- Single-player Classic Score Attack
- Endless Master Mode
- Endless Purify Effect Modes