Ziggurat Interactive has announced Terminal Velocity: Boosted Edition, a new upgraded re-release of their flight combat game.
The new release of the 3D Realms classic title is launching first for Windows PC (via Steam) on March 14th, with undetermined console ports sometime later.
Here’s a rundown on the re-release, plus a new trailer:
Terminal Velocity: Boosted Edition
Climb back into the cockpit! Terminal Velocity is a 360-degree combat flight simulator, featuring a variety of different planets to battle across and a high-powered weapon arsenal to aid you in all of the fast-paced action.
In the far future, armadas from surrounding systems have suddenly waged war on Earth. You are a pilot from the Ares Squadron, flying the fastest, most dangerous aircrafts ever made. You’re outgunned, outmanned and strapped inside a flying coffin. Are you ready?
Terminal Velocity is more than your routine flight simulator, with combat as the main objective, and a straightforward control layout to thrust you right into the action! Explore nine unique planets, each with three levels, dozens of tunnels and miles upon miles of terrain to fly over.
To support you in battle, you’ll have access to seven destructive weapons and multiple power-ups as you fight through an array of dangerous and spectacular air-to-air and air-to-ground combat scenarios.
Created by the former lead programmer of Microsoft Flight Simulator, Terminal Velocity features a fast frame rate, realistic outdoor environments and the unique ability to fly through tunnels and into underground caverns. It’s all about action, speed and destruction!
- Smoother gameplay, cleaner graphics and improved sound!
- Fast-paced flight simulator with combat and a straightforward control layout
- Nine (9) totally unique planets, with three (3) levels per planet, and dozens of tunnels and over 400,000 sq. miles of terrain
- Seven (7) destructive weapons, multiple power-ups and spectacular air-to-air and air-to-ground combat
- Achievements and trophies have been added for the first time – which add a slew of new challenges to face!
- Enemy ships cast translucent shadows
- Bank, roll, loop and thrust bow-first into battles