Teleglitch is like a fish eye lens into a dystopian world that is dominated by mega-corporations.
You play as a scientist who has woken up to realize you’re the only survivor in a facility that specialized in necrotic tissue reactivation based on a small planet on the edge of habitable outer space. Sounds like a great place to work, right? You have to fight your way to escape the facility and the horrors that are being controlled by the facility’s AI.
Here are some of the game’s key features:
- Over 20 types of enemies to combat
- More than 40 types of weapons and items
- 10 levels that radically change their structure every time you play
- 10+ hours of play time (it gets harder the further you get)
- Detailed database with full dossiers of each monster
- Scavenge random equipment to craft new and deadly gear like The Can Gun (empty can + nails + explosives)
- A sinister narrative filled with greedy military corporations covert experiments
- The risk of permanent death creates an atmosphere of fear and dread
The game is a procedurally generated roguelike shooter presented from a top-down viewing angle. It features multiple weapons and a very strong focus on atmosphere and really being screwed, i.e. you won’t be getting bullets by the bucket-load. The developers themselves want you to feel the anxiety, the paranoia and the sheer terror of Teleglitch.
Here is the trailer for the Die More Edition:
You can also check out some more screenshots below:
The Die More Edition of the game comes with lots of enhancements over the original game, they are as follows:
- 5 bonus levels
- Additional items and weapons
- Upgraded and more deadly enemy AI
- Expanded dossiers and lore content
You can buy the game here on Steam. You can also view the game’s official website here.