DMM Games have announced metro station management game Stationflow, produced by Tak Fujii (Gal Metal, Ninety-Nine Nights II) will be leaving Steam Early Access.
Players must manage a 3D underground train station, making sure that commuters flow through, and have an enjoyable experience. Avoid congestion, and keep within your budget, and your budget will get bigger.
You can find the game’s initial Early Access trailer here, and the full rundown (via Steam) below.
Have you ever been stuck in a train or subway station, crowded and congested, fighting to get on the escalator? Have you ever wandered around lost, cursing the lack of proper signage? Have you ever thought to yourself “I could design this station better”?
STATIONflow is a game about controlling the flow of thousands of passengers by building and managing an efficient underground train station.
- Manage the flow of thousands of passengers with different needs, stats and targets, simulated in real time.
- Build complex 3D layouts in a multilayered map.
- Place and shape corridors and structures freely, without the constraints of a grid.
- Connect your station with stairs, escalators and elevators as efficiently as you can, but make sure everything is accessible.
- Keep things functional and efficient: your goal is to avoid congestion and to get passengers to where they want to go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- Guide passengers via signage, and watch the flow of passengers change. Manipulate the path people take to avoid crowds—sometimes the shortest route is not the most efficient.
- Satisfy your passengers’ desires for various services: place vending machines and kiosks, construct bathrooms, restaurants and more. Passengers will expect more than just to find their exit on time.
- Don’t forget about upkeeps. You’re on a budget, so you’ll want to keep your station lean and efficient—but make sure it isn’t at the cost of passenger satisfaction!
- And of course, the higher-ups are always watching. You will receive daily evaluations based on passenger feedback. Do well, and you will be rewarded with an extended budget and additional construction options, but also given increased responsibilities. Do poorly, and you may well be on your way to bankruptcy…
Stationflow is currently in Early Access, and launches April 15th on Windows PC, Linux, and Mac (all via Steam)