Barcelona-based indie developer Grimorio of Games has announced Sword of the Necromancer: Resurrection, a 3D remake of the original Sword of the Necromancer.
Sword of the Necromancer: Resurrection is in development for Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PS4, and PS5 – and will release before the sequel Sword of the Necromancer: Revenant.
The new 3D remake will be a reimagining of the original monster-summoning dungeon crawler game, will use Revenant’s engine, and will feature new ways to battle and renewed mechanics and systems, including customizing summoned monsters’ AI. Beating Sword of the Necromancer: Resurrection will also get rewards in Revenant once it’s available.
Here’s a rundown on the new game:
Sword of the Necromancer: Resurrection is a third-person 3D Action Dungeon Crawler where you can revive your defeated enemies to make them fight alongside you. Turn your foes into allies using the forbidden powers of the Sword of the Necromancer and help the rogue Tama reach the dungeon’s depths to obtain the power to bring her beloved priestess Koko back from the dead. Assemble a small army of monsters, equip yourself with weapons and relics, and level up to take on the guardians that stand between you and your goal.
- Turn your foes into allies: Use the Sword of the Necromancer to revive defeated monsters and make them fight alongside you.
- Plan your battles, control the dead: Customize your summons’ behaviour with the Tactics feature.
- New dimension, new battle system: Improved combos and a new companion AI system.
- Level up: Enhance your character and your monsters by fighting together.
- Relive the journey: Discover Tama and Koko’s past as you advance through the dungeon.
- Local co-op play: Play with a friend in local co-op.