Nintendo has launched the 10.1.0 update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate alongside its new Sephiroth DLC character.
The new 10.1.0 update brings with it various new spirit characters, new fighter costume parts, and more – the Sephiroth DLC character brings several costume variations for Sephiroth, alongside his new “Northern Cave” stage.
Here’s a rundown on what’s in the new update:
Ver. 10.1.0 (Released December 22, 2020)
- The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
- Red XIII
- Cait Sith
- The Turks & Rufus Shinra
- Bahamut ZERO
- Chocobo & Moogle
- You can now switch between different artwork for Cloud’s spirit.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Sephiroth Challenger Pack
- Barret’s Outfit
- Tifa’s Outfit
- Aerith’s Outfit
- Chocobo Hat
- Geno Hat + Outfit
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- You can now switch between “Random from all songs” and “Random from My Music” for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield and Final Destination stages.
- To switch between options, access My Music via the Options or the Vault and then press the X Button.
- The Final Smash for Cloud’s P2, P4, P6, and P8 color variations has been changed to Omnislash Ver. 5. (This essentially functions the same as a regular Omnislash.)
- Game-balance adjustments have been made. Please see the details of fixes and changes to fighters.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is available now for Nintendo Switch. In case you missed it, you can find our thorough review for the game here (we highly recommend it!)