After many years, Konami is finally listening to Suikoden fans – they’ve announced a high-definition remake for both original Suikoden games.
Both games are being full remade in high-definition 3D for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. A release window is set for sometime next year, worldwide.
Further details weren’t confirmed – however we do know series creator Yoshitaka Murayama is back on board as director on the HD remakes.
Konami noted interest in doing a sixth entry in the series, if the HD remakes sell well enough. There’s even a mode where you can play the original games in up-scaled HD, in all their pixel/sprite glory.
Here’s a rundown on the new remakes:
Konami has announced high-definition remakes for the beloved original titles within the Suikoden franchise. Both Suikoden and Suikoden II are being remade in high-definition 3D, and with all the loving touches to ensure long-time fans the new versions will be just as amazing as the original releases. Fans can expecting new and exciting features like voice acting, new endings, new characters, and even new mini-games that will be exciting for both veterans and newcomers alike. Join Konami in celebrating their flagship role-playing game franchise in this new high-definition release, now set for Q1 of 2020.
- Beautiful, high-definition visuals – See the original stories in high-definition 3D visuals for the first time
- A faithful adaptation – series creator Yoshitaka Murayama is on board as director on both HD remakes
- Full voice acting – a talented cast of Japanese voice actors have been selected to voice your favorite characters
- A return to the series roots – experience the legendary original games in all their glory
- Optional retro visuals – optional mode where you can play with the original visuals, only in up-scaled HD
- New features – new endings, new characters, even new mini-games that will be a treat for veterans and newcomers