THQ Nordic and Aspyr Media have announced Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse is getting a physical edition at retail this year, with a release planned for October.
While Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse is getting a physical edition on October 26, the new physical release will be available across Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. A retail price is set at $19.99 on Xbox and PlayStation while the Switch port has the usual increased price of $29.99.
Alongside the news of a physical release is that a digital release is finally coming to Japan and Asia on the eShop and the PlayStation Network, also on October 26.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Be the Zombie. Kick A** and Take Brains
It’s 1959 and the city of Punchbowl, PA, is a beacon of progress and ideal living. Show the living that law and order are no match for a dead man on a mission. Your boyfriend’s back Maggie, and Punchbowl is gonna be in trouble!
- Eat Brains – Chomp on the living and replenish your bodily arsenal of: zombie sputum, gut grenades, and the stunning unholy flatulence
- Possess Punchbowl’s Population – Clamp your severed hand to a barbershop quartet singer’s head and raygun away
- Build Your Zombie Horde – Convert your enemies into undead allies & lead a zombie assault on the living
- Bring Civilization to its Knees – Show the retro-futuristic city of Punchbowl, PA that they can’t escape the past
- Stubbs and Chill – Invite a friend to play as Grubbs for classic couch cooperative hijinks. (Friend not included)
Though originally released for the first Xbox (and both PC+Mac), Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse was ported to modern platforms in March 2021 across Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One; and PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S via backwards compatibility. In case you missed it, you can find our thorough review on the game here.