Dotemu have announced that Streets of Rage 4 has been downloaded 1.5 million times, along with a balancing patch being available now.
As stated in the press release (via GamesPress), the game has been downloaded 1.5 million times. The game did get limited physical versions via Limited Run Games and Signature Edition Games, but physical release numbers were not detailed.
Nonetheless, executive producer Cyrille Imbert stated how overjoyed he and the team were.
“We couldn’t be happier with the reception of Streets of Rage 4. We thank the fans who have supported the game from day one – a lot of the updates in the patch enhance the replay value for folks who have been with us from the start. Additional updates are currently in production and we’ll have more to share on that soon.”
As aforementioned, the balance update brings several fixes, but also adjustments to the gameplay. Major changes include the following:
- “Specials and start move can interrupt all hitstun states
- Axel has been buffed, with a faster move speed and less recovery on some moves
- Cherry has been buffed, with her flying punch from combos now being fully invincible”
You can find the full patch notes here. On Twitter Dotemu stated that US PlayStation 4 users who own the physical copy may have their patch delayed. “We’re sorting out an issue that prevents the patch from going live. We’ll keep you updated as soon as the problem is solved! Thank you for understanding and sorry for the delay.”
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below:
The all-time classic Streets of Rage, known as Bare Knuckle (ベア・ナックル Bea Nakkuru) in Japan, is a trilogy of beat ‘em up known for this timeless gameplay and electronic dance influenced music. Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, beautiful hand drawn visuals and a God tier soundtrack.
AND THEY REUNITE AGAIN…
An iconic series like Streets of Rage got its iconic characters: Axel, Blaze, Adam and other veterans reunited to clean up the streets. With some brand-new moves and kickass tracks to take a listen, our heroes are ready to dish out beatdowns to a fledgling group of ill-advised criminals in full force.
HAND-DRAWN VISUALS AND NEW TRACKS
Streets of Rage 4 will be the first entry to the core series in 25 years, standing as Axel, Adam and Blaze’s glorious return to serving up side-scrolling beatdowns. With lush hand-drawn animations, new combat abilities, and fresh tracks from an amazing team of composers, Streets of Rage 4 will be a masterful tribute to and revitalization of the classic action fans adore
The series is known for its electronic dance influenced music around the world. The soundtrack of Streets of Rage 4 is handled by an all-star line-up of musicians like Yuzō Koshiro, Motohiro Kawashima, Yoko Shimomura, Harumi Fujita, Keiji Yamagishi and many more whom will create new amazing tracks for this new episode of the Streets of Rage series.
- The comeback of the legendary Streets of Rage series.
- Beautiful graphics fully hand-drawn animated by the studio behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
- Clean up Wood Oak City by yourself or with another friend online!
- For the very first time, team up to 4 people offline to take the city back!
- Classic gameplay enhanced with brand-new mechanics.
- Soundtrack by a wide all-star line up of world-class musicians.
- Braised chicken everywhere.
- A dozen former Streets of Rage characters unlockable and playable in their original pixel versions.
- Play with the music of the previous Streets of Rage games.
- 12 unique stages.