Capcom has announced a Street Fighter V: Champion Edition fall update livestream set for next week, which includes a look at the game’s latest content.
The new Street Fighter V: Champion Edition fall update livestream is kicking off on November 23rd at 3 PM Pacific / 6 PM Eastern, and will include a look at the recently-announced DLC character Luke. The new livestream will be viewable on Twitch.
Here’s a rundown on the base game:
Rule the ring with Street Fighter V: Champion Edition, the most robust version of the acclaimed fighting game! This new version includes all content (excluding Fighting Chance costumes, brand collaboration costumes and Capcom Pro Tour downloadable content) from both the original release and Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. Champion Edition adds each character, stage, and other content that released after Arcade Edition and will include all launch content coming to this new version. Fighters can battle their way through a variety of exciting single-player and multiplayer modes designed for players of all skill levels, including Story Mode, Arcade Mode, Team Battle, Ranked Match, Casual Match, and more. If you haven’t yet hit the streets, this is the perfect time to join the fight. 40 characters, 34 stages, over 200 costumes—all action-packed into one knockout edition! READY? FIGHT!
The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only one that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title. All game mode additions and balance updates are free for owners of any Street Fighter V version. Additionally, all downloadable content characters remain earnable completely free of charge through completing various in-game challenges and receiving earned in-game currency, called Fight Money. For those who can’t wait, in-game content can be obtained instantly using real money. Certain additional content can only be acquired using Fight Money, which can be earned through normal gameplay.
- What’s Included: Street Fighter V: Champion Edition includes all content from the original release and Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, plus each character, stage and other content that released after Arcade Edition and the content launching with Champion Edition. In total, this robust version of Street Fighter V includes: 40 characters, 34 stages and over 200 costumes.
- New Features: In addition to the main game and the included characters, stages and costumes, the following new content will be released for Street Fighter V: Champion Edition and will be available as a free update to current players prior to the release of Champion Edition:
- New V-Skills: Each character will receive a new V-Skill 2, adding even more depth to the combat system.
- Balance Update: New gameplay improvements and character-specific updates.
- New Challengers: 11 new challengers (including Gill) have been added to the game after Arcade Edition and will be included in Champion Edition, with one additional soon-to-be announced character bringing the total to 12. All downloadable content characters released after the original version are available for current players by using earned Fight Money or real money.
- PlayStation 4 and PC Cross-Platform Play: Current players and future owners of Street Fighter V: Champion Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PlayStation 4 and PC cross-platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base.
- Stay Updated: The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only one that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title.