Capcom has announced a release date for Street Fighter 6 downloadable content character A.K.I. is set for next month, in September.
A.K.I. is launching for Street Fighter 6 on September 27th for all platforms. Owners of the game’s Deluxe Edition, Ultimate Edition, or Year 1 Character Pass will get A.K.I. right away – though all players can try her out for one our, free, with a Rental Fighter ticket.
Here’s a rundown on the new character, plus a trailer:
A.K.I. draws much of her poisonous personality and inspiration from her master F.A.N.G, who was first introduced in Street Fighter™ V. In the single player World Tour mode, players can learn more about A.K.I.’s interest in the evil Shadaloo organization and help her find her herbal medicine in Tian Hong Yuan, a new location for players to meet their newest Master and apply her deadly moves to their custom avatar.
Speaking of deadly moves, check some of them out below…if you dare:
- Serpent Lash: From a distance, A.K.I. sends her nails flying forward like a chain, poisoning enemies she hits. When she strikes an opponent who is already poisoned, a Toxic Blossom will trigger an explosion and open enemies up to follow-up attacks.
- Nightshade Pulse: A.K.I. sends a bubble forward that also poisons enemies it hits. She can strike the bubble with Nightshade Chaser to pop it in advance, increasing its area of effect.
- Orchid Spring: A.K.I. places a puddle of poison in front of her which will affect opponents who step inside it.
- Sinister Slide: Slither across the screen to avoid threats while stalking forward and perform follow-up moves like Venomous Fang, Heel Strike, or Entrapment.
- Claws of Ya Zi: A.K.I.’s Level 3 Super Art pierces various pressure points on an opponent’s body and injects a poison that dangerously detonates from within.
A.K.I. and her elegant Outfit 2 will be available for owners of the Year 1 Character Pass, Deluxe Edition, or Ultimate Edition on Sept. 27. Get a taste of her poison for an hour with a Rental Fighter ticket, which can be obtained via the Fighting Pass.