The Japanese release of Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town came and went at the end of last month, and now Japanese players are vocally complaining the game is riddled with issues.
Chief among the complaints are long load times, glitches, and various system bugs. Marvelous staff and game producer Dai Takemura has responded to complaints with an apology, and a promise they’ll release an update sometime in “mid-March” to address the issues.
“First of all, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to all of you who have purchased and are playing this game,” Takemura said. “I would also like to apologize to everyone who has been waiting for this new title for so long.”
He added, “In addition, I would like to apologize to all of you who have been waiting for the new game for a long time, but the glitches, long load times, and system inconveniences that did not meet your expectations interfered with your immersion in the game and caused us to receive a lot of harsh feedback. We are truly sorry for this.”
Here’s the key issues they’re planning to address:
- Contents of support
- Shorten the loading time of some parts.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to lose progress when internet connection was turned on.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to become unprogressable when leaving the house after waking up a pet.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to lose progress if they woke up their pets and left the house.
- Fixed other bugs.
Marvelous will naturally release further updates to the game after the initial concerns are addressed, to which Takemura outlined the next planned update contents:
- Correction and addition of some conversation text
- Improvements to manufacturer specifications
- Improvements to production that reduce the sense of immersion
- Adjustment of game balance
- Ongoing correction of various bugs
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is launching March 23rd in North America and on March 26th in Europe for Nintendo Switch.