Publisher Bethesda Softworks and developer Bethesda Game Studios have shared a live-action trailer for Starfield.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus the live-action trailer:
Starfield is the first new universe in 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4. This next generation role-playing game marks a return to the studio’s deep RPG roots of meaningful customization, dialogue, and choice. Create any character you want and explore with unparalleled freedom as you embark on an epic journey to answer humanity’s greatest mystery.
In the year 2330, humanity has ventured beyond our solar system, settling new planets, and living as a spacefaring people. You will join Constellation – the last group of space explorers seeking rare artifacts throughout the galaxy – and navigate the vast expanse of space in Bethesda Game Studios’ biggest and most ambitious game.
- Tell your story – In Starfield the most important story is the one you tell with your character. Start your journey by customizing your appearance and deciding your Background and Traits. The choice is yours. Decide who you will be and what you will become.
- Explore outer space – Venture through the stars and explore more than 1000 planets. Navigate bustling cities, explore dangerous bases, and traverse wild landscapes. Meet and recruit a memorable cast of characters and join in the adventures of various factions.
- Captain the ship of your dreams – Pilot and command the ship of your dreams. Personalize the look of your ship, modify critical systems including weapons and shields, and assign crew members to provide unique bonuses.
- Discover, collect, build – Explore planets resources needed to craft everything from medicine and food to equipment and weapons. Build outposts and hire a crew to passively extract materials. Invest these raw materials into research projects to unlock unique crafting recipes.
- Lock and load – Whether you prefer long-range rifles, laser weapons or demolitions, each weapon type can be modified to complement your playstyle. Zero G environments add a chaotic spectacle to combat, while boost packs give freedom to maneuver like never before.
Starfield is set to launch on September 6th on Windows PC and Xbox Series X|S.