The long wait is over – the public beta for Starbound has begun via Steam’s Early Access. Although the game is not up yet on Steam, you can expect it later today.
Way back in February of 2012, Starbound was announced and had its pre-orders open later that year in April. Since then, the game has accumulated over $2.5 million dollars. Worlds within Starbound are procedurally generated and span entire planets, meaning your progress with one character can be taken throughout an entire universe of worlds.
The Starbound team was kind enough to share the schedule for when access is granted, by region, can be found below:
- PST- AM 10:00
- MST- AM 11:00
- CST- PM 12:00
- EST- PM 01:00
- BRST- PM 04:00
- GMT- PM 06:00
- CET- PM 07:00
- EET- PM 08:00
- PHT- AM 02:00 – 5th of December
- JST- AM 03:00 – 5th of December
- WST-AM 02:00 – 5th of December
- AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time, Queensland) – release is at 4AM on the 5th.
- AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time, New South Wales, ACT, Victoria, Tasmania) – Release is at 5AM on the 5th.
- UTC – AM 07:00 – 5th of December
With the launch of the public beta comes a brilliant trailer, which showcases the game’s features and downright awesome soundtrack.
You can check out the public beta launch trailer below: