Square Enix has announced their lineup of games and events for this year’s PAX East.
If you visit their booth at the expo you’ll be able to get special prizes, play current and upcoming titles, and even participate in tournaments.
The company is hosting the first North American FINAL FANTASY Trading Card Game Crystal Cup tournament at the Westin Boston Waterfront’s Commonwealth Ballroom, on April 6th to the 7th. If you pre-register for the tournament you can compete for a seat at this year’s North American Championship. New players can also visit the booth for lessons, while experienced players can participate in Sealed Format events and Gunslinger Challenges to earn a Promo Card. Chocobo’s Crystal Hunt card game demos will also be available at the booth’s merchandise section.
Other fan activities at the Square Enix booth include:
- The FINAL FANTASY XIV Byakko Battle Challenge, where fans can challenge Byakko to win an “I Beat Byakko” t-shirt
- A photo opportunity featuring backgrounds from DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA and NieR:Automata™.
- Daily giveaways, including:
- DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA button pins
- FINAL FANTASY XIV Online foam samurai swords
- FINAL FANTASY XV POCKET EDITION limited edition t-shirt
Square Enix is hosting a few developer panels at PAX East, including:
- FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION: Making it Yours
Friday, April 6, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (EDT) at Albatross Theater, Boston Convention Center
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, released on March 6, 2018, features mod support for expanded playability. Join FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Manager Shigefumi Tanaka and Global Brand Manager Raio Mitsuno as they offer a glimpse into new ways to further enjoy the game.
- FINAL FANTASY XIV Online
Saturday, April 7, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. (EDT) at Albatross Theater, Boston Convention Center
Join special guests Natsuko Ishikawa (Main Scenario Writer) and John Crow (English Localization Lead) from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online team as they discuss the writing and story of Stormblood™.
Saturday, April 7, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (EDT) at Albatross Theater, Boston Convention Center
Reminisce on a 2017 fan favorite as panelists YOKO TARO (Director), Yosuke Saito (Producer) and Keiichi Okabe (Composer) celebrate the one-year anniversary of the critically-acclaimed NieR:Automata. Those who attend the panel will receive limited NieR:Automata branded pins.
The full lineup of titles playable at the Square Enix booth includes:
- CHOCOBO’S CRYSTAL HUNT
- DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA
- FINAL FANTASY Trading Card Game
- FINAL FANTASY XIV Online
- FINAL FANTASY XV POCKET EDITION
- FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION
- LIFE IS STRANGE : BEFORE THE STORM
- MONSTER ENERGY SUPERCROSS – THE OFFICIAL VIDEOGAME