Publisher Shueisha Games and developer ginolabo announced deckbuilding JRPG SOULVARS is coming to PC and consoles.
While SOULVARS is coming to PC and consoles, neither a release date nor specific console platforms were confirmed. The game was previously released for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Deck-Building JRPG “SOULVARS” is now available in English! 15-20 hours of playtime (+50h to go deeper). Dynamic pixel animation and battles and a rich customization system. While having a deep strategic sense, the vertically held smartphone controls allow for simple and exhilarating battles, training, dungeon exploration, and collection of random enchanted items.
- A world line in which even the fictitious concept of the soul can be converted into data.
- In return, people’s lives are threatened by the sudden appearance of deformities.
- The protagonists use the Soul Driver, a device that converts souls into data.
- They are responsible for the elimination of the deformities that threaten people, and work in a certain town…
- Number of save slots: 3 (Saved in device and manual save)
- Estimated scenario completion time: 14 to 20 hours
- 50 to 100+ hours of post-clearance challenge
- Soul bits (handbills), which are the data of the soul power that resides in gear (equipment)
- The player combines and battles like a deck.
- During battle, special moves can be freely assembled from these combinations, and they can be performed in succession.
- Unlike solo deck-building RPGs, this is a three-player party game with a dynamic strategy and a
- The characters are characterized by their action with dots that move around.
Gear and Soul Bits
- Soul bits (hand cards) can be drawn from gear (equipment) and used as actions during battle.
- The combination of main weapon, subweapon, armor, and accessories
- Strategy (deck) is determined.
- During a battle, only one soul bit can be selected on the first turn, but
- The number of soul bits that can be selected at one time increases depending on the opponent’s weaknesses, guarding, evading, buffing, debuffing, and various other conditions.
- The combination of soul bits (cards in hand) selected at the same time activates a skill called Arts.