It seems like Sony is aggressively approaching new features that may be in considered for the Playstation Network, via polling Playstation 4 owners. Some of the more notable features they proposed in the survey include a more robust matchmaking system, a reputation system, as well as the ability to finally change your Playstation Network username.
The full list of proposed features the survey asks are as follow:
- Player reputation system based on a user rating system.
- Advanced matchmaking system (to help pair you with players at your skill level or player preference).
- Ability to chat across PlayStation platforms (i.e., with PS3 or PS Vita users).
- Ability to change your PlayStation username.
- Ability to be invisible: see who is online without broadcasting the fact that you are online.
- Ability to party chat with more than 8 people at a time.
- Synchronization of messages across platforms, so that PS3/PS Vita messages all appear on PS4 and vice versa.
- On-screen notifications when your friends come online.
I think having a larger party chat and synchronizing messages across all platforms are the two most appealing features to me. What do you guys think? Would you like to see some, or any of these features?