Indie developer Monomi Park released the first big content update for Slime Rancher 2, adding new winter-themed content and activities.
The new “Song of the Sabers” update is now available for the game on PC and Xbox, adding a new Powderfall Bluffs biome, new slimes, and more.
Here’s a rundown on the new content, plus a new trailer:
Song of the Sabers is the first major content update for Slime Rancher 2. In this update, plucky rancher Beatrix LeBeau explores new adventures on a mysterious, glacial island off the coast of Ember Valley known as Powderfall Bluffs.
As if it were a giant, icy time capsule, Beatrix discovers a thriving community of prehistoric Saber Slimes and Thundercluck chickens within, as well as a treasure trove of new resources for crafting and strange, auroral anomalies scattered about the zone.
- Explore a New Biome: Powderfall Bluffs, a prehistoric frozen island that has mysteriously emerged from the Slime Sea.
- Wrangle New Slimes: Saber Slimes are a ferocious blast from the past! Thought to be long extinct, these prehistoric predators now stalk Thundercluck chickens among snowdrifts of Powderfall Bluffs.
- Snowball Fights: Slimes love to play in the snow and won’t hesitate to engage in a snowball fight with you and other slimes!
- Discover Auroral Anomalies: Phantom-like flora gleam through the landscape and nightfall illuminates bridges that allow you to reach new heights along the icy mountains of Powderfall Bluffs, but act fast before they vanish with the dawn.
- Build New Gadgets: Start an icy dust up anywhere with the Snowball Machine or capture the spirit of winter with a giant snow globe. Powderfall Bluffs offers many new rewards for those that can collect the precious resources from its frigid peaks.
Slime Rancher 2 has been available since September 2022 across Windows PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store), Xbox Series X|S, and day one on Xbox Game Pass.