Breadcrumbs Interactive and Versus Evil have just launched their Slavic-inspired action-RPG Yaga for Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store, with a Steam version coming next year), Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. The game had previous launched for the Apple Arcade subscription service.
Yaga is a comedic action-RPG based on Slavic folklore that follows Ivan, a one-handed blacksmith that keeps being given impossible tasks by the Tzar to slay rampaging monsters. You can check out a launch trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Play as Ivan, a one-handed blacksmith cursed with incredible bad luck.
Ivan is caught between a Tzar giving him impossible tasks, a mysterious witch who wants to manipulate him, and his grandma who wants him to find a wife.
Start your journey in an action RPG where the story and characters react to the way you roleplay your character.
- Building a reputation through roleplaying results in different interactions with villagers and NPCs, unlocking secrets, trading options, or bestowing game-changing curses or blessings upon the player character.
- Pagan beliefs and superstitions are key to unlocking hidden secrets, getting house spirits on your side, or avoiding the powerful curses of unclean creatures.
- Fateful Crossroads between levels allow the player to influence the difficulty, challenge and level generation of the game
- Discover and combine lots of talismans and artifacts that change the player’s abilities and the gameplay
- Craft and upgrade an arsenal of weapons and tools to aid you in your journeys.
- Unique Soundtrack featuring underground folklore band Subcarpați.