Sega has announced Sin Chronicle is shutting down this month.
Their smartphone RPG is shutting down on May 31st in Japan, roughly a year since its release in Japan on both iOS ( via the App Store) and Android (via the Google Play store).
Here’s a timeline of the game’s shutdown:
- March 14, 2023 (Tue) Stop purchasing new gems
- March 17, 2023 (Fri) First anniversary event story “The Lodging Tree of the Dead Speaks” distributed
- March 28, 2023 (Tue) “Günther’s Voice Log” distributed
- April 4, 2023 (Tue) Delivery of Gee Chronicle collaboration story “The Perjurer of Fate
- April 10, 2023 (Mon) Distribution of the 6th chapter of the main story, “The Time Distorting Devil’s City
- May 31, 2023 (Wed) Scheduled start of downloading and viewing of recollection contents
- May 31, 2023 (Wed) Service ends
- May 31, 2023 (Wed) Scheduled to begin accepting refunds
This is Niche Imports. In this column, we regularly cover games that haven’t been announced for western audiences yet.