The original Shantae 1-5 games are coming to PS5 while the original Shantae is coming to PS4, developer WayForward announced.
While the original Shantae 1-5 games are coming to PS5 digitally, Limited Run Games will offer a physical edition in both standard and collector’s editions for all five games on PS5, with a physical edition for the original Shantae on PS4 as well. If you own the games on PS4, you’ll get the PS5 versions as a free upgrade.
Here’s a rundown on the Shantae 1-5 games that are coming to PS5:
Having sold more than 3 million copies worldwide since its debut in 2002, the acclaimed Shantae series tells the story of Shantae, the hair-whipping, belly-dancing, shape-shifting, Half-Genie guardian of Scuttle Town. Along with friends such as Bolo, Sky, and Rottytops the zombie, she protects the land from nefarious pirates and other dastardly threats. The line-up of action-adventure-platformers consists of five titles, each sold separately:
- Shantae — The one that started it all! Experience Shantae’s classic original adventure and stop the self-proclaimed Queen of the Seven Seas, Risky Boots, from finding four powerful elemental stones! Now with trophies for the first time!
- Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut — Risky Boots is back with another sinister scheme! Put an end to her plans by acquiring three Magic Seals from the devious Barons of Sequin Land.
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse — Shantae sets sail for swashbuckling action as she gains new Pirate Gear abilities and teams up with her nemesis to face an even greater threat!
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition — In Shantae’s first full HD adventure, she must thwart a number of villainous plots perpetrated by her greatest foes! Several extra modes are included, offering new play mechanics and modified levels.
- Shantae and the Seven Sirens — New Half-Genie friends, new transformations, and new enemies await as Shantae travels to tropical Paradise Island where a mysterious sunken city lies beneath the waves. Featuring a new collectible Monster Card system and an animated intro by Studio TRIGGER!