Devolver Digital and Flying Wild Hog have released a gameplay trailer for first person shooter Shadow Warrior 3.
As previously reported; returning protagonist Lo Wang and his “former employer turned nemesis turned sidekick” Orochi Zilla are working to recapture a dragon they unleashed to prevent the apocalypse. Traveling to “uncharted parts of the world,” Wang must find and stop the beast, using mystical artifacts, and “enough firepower to tear down the encroaching Shadowlands.”
The new gameplay trailer shows off the game’s grapple hook, kicking foes into hazards, and the weapons and abilities Wang will have at his disposal.
Shadow Warrior 3 is launches 2021 on Windows PC (Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
Fallen corporate shogun Lo Wang and his former employer turned nemesis turned sidekick Orochi Zilla embark on an improbable mission to recapture an ancient dragon they unwillingly unleashed from its eternal prison. Armed with a punishing mix of blades and bullets, Lo Wang must traverse uncharted parts of the world to track down the dark beast and push the apocalypse back yet again. All it will take is the mask of a dead god, a dragon’s egg, a touch of magic, and enough firepower to hold off the impending cataclysm.
- Bring a Katana to a Gunfight – Conduct a symphony of death with each encounter by mixing overwhelming firepower with devastatingly precise katana strikes as you dash in and around the demonic hordes.
- Fancy Footwork – Flow between nimble movement techniques including air dashes, wall running, double jumps, and the fancy new grappling hook busts your combat and movement options wide open in every battle.
- Execute Then Annihilate – Execute spectacular finishing moves to claim a piece of your conquered foe and unleash its powers back on the horde in a burst of unstoppable fury and powerful magic.
- Dynamic Combat Arenas – Each environment is lined with hazardous structures and devices that can be activated to add another layer of creative choice to the offensive strategy.
- Neo Feudal Japan – Trek across a mythic Asian land infused with the magic and technology of ancient samurai, now overrun by the demonic yokai from Japanese folklore.
- Funny Business – Brace for expertly delivered one-liners from Lo Wang, pointed banter with Zilla, and an intense thrillride of absurd predicaments on the way to turning doomsday into a new day.