The newly remastered cult-classic will also get Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 versions sometime later. Furthermore, original Shadow Man creator and comics publisher Valiant Entertainment announced they’re rebooting the comic series beginning April 28th. The comics will be available via retail and online stores.
The original Action adventure game was developed by Acclaim, and launched in 1999 for Nintendo 64 (later on Windows PC, Dreamcast, and PlayStation), and inspired by the Valiant Comics series of the same name.
Here’s some new screenshots:
Here’s a rundown on the game, via Nightdive:
Originally released in 1999 for the PC, PlayStation, Nintendo 64, and Dreamcast, SHADOW MAN: REMASTERED follows Michael LeRoi, the current holder of the voodoo warrior moniker “Shadow Man”, as he battles the forces of darkness attempting to cross-over from their realm into the world of the living. Join Michael as he fights his way through the swamps of Louisiana, the back alleys of New York City, and the dark and terrifying land of Deadside in his mission to keep supernatural threats from invading the land of the living.
- 4K widescreen support for the latest monitors
- No more jaggies thanks to anti-aliasing and all sorts of other post-processing magic
- A whole new visual experience with dynamic shadow mapping and per-pixel lighting
- Never-before-seen content cut from the original game
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering to really take advantage of modern displays
- Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 versions coming soon