Publisher Digerati and developer Greylock Studio announced Severed Steel launches for consoles in July 2022.
The kinetic first-person shooter is launching for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on July 20th, for Nintendo Switch on July 21st, and for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S on July 22nd. Merge Games is offering a physical edition at retailers sometime this summer, for $34.99.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on Severed Steel:
Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives, flips, and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A Unique Fighter – Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands.
- Stylish Combat – Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights.
- Fully Destructible Environment – Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs, or make big holes in things with your arm cannon.
- Dynamic AI – No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI.
- Firefight Mode – Chase high scores and fast times for leaderboard acclaim in this arcade-styled mode. Features 30 levels, each with their own sub-challenges, and over 20 unlockable, game modifying ‘Mutators’.
- Campaign Mode – Blast through six compact story chapters as you battle against the forces of nefarious mega-corporation, EdenSys.
- Accessibility – A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more.