Volition has released a brand-new trailer for the upcoming Saints Row reboot they’ll be releasing later this month in the trailer is chaotic.
Check it out below:
The fan response to Saints Row since its announcement has been very mixed. Many criticize the game for going in a “politically correct” or “clean” direction. While others simply accuse the game of not having the same style that the older Saints Row games had.
Well, I think that this newest trailer should win over anyone who was on the fence, because from where I’m sitting, it looks like we’re going back to a simpler Saints Row experience, closer to Saints Row and Saints Row 2, which were, without a doubt, the best games in the series.
The cast looks fun, the new gangs look as wild as the old ones did. It all fits well into this wild universe that Saints Row games have to inhabit.
Along with the trailer, they also released a list of key features to look forward to with the new Saints Row game, which you can check out below:
- Witness the Birth of The Saints – Play through an action blockbuster original story full of criminality, extraordinary scenes and signature surprises laced with humor.
- Discover the Weird, Wild, West – Dive into Santo Ileso, the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever, spread across nine unique districts surrounded by the vast, majestic beauty of the Southwest Desert.
- Build Your Criminal Empire – Take over the city block by block, wage war against enemy factions and tighten your grip on the streets with ingenious criminal ventures.
- Fire Guns. LOTS of Guns – Shoot revolvers from the hip, fire and forget with a rocket launcher, or obliterate up close using melee heavyweights, complete with brutal takedowns. A vast variety of familiar and exotic weapons, all customizable, and all deadly fun.
- Take to the Streets and the Skies – Blast through urban and desert environments in any one of the cars, bikes, planes, helicopters, VTOLs, hoverbikes, hoverboards, go-karts or equip your wingsuit to swoop around.
- Unprecedented Customization – Create the Boss of your dreams, with the most extensive character customization suite ever seen in the series, then complete the look with incredible options for weapons and vehicles.
- Seamless Co-Op – Experience everything on offer with a friend at any time, via fully untethered drop-in / dropout co-op, skipping the need to take either of you out of the outlandish action. Play nice together, or play all new pranks on your teammate. After all, who’s the Boss now.
I, along with much of the Niche Gamer staff, can’t wait to get my hands on this game when it releases later this month.