Publisher Just For Games and developer Bonus Level Entertainment announced a release date for Saga of Sins.
The new sidescrolling action-adventure game is launching on March 30th for Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PS4, and PS5. A playable demo is now available on Steam too.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus a new trailer:
Saga of Sins
Saga of Sins is an unholy action-adventure featuring a mystical storyline and rewarding arcade gameplay! Immerse into a world of stained glass inspired by the Dutch painter Hieronymus Bosch (1450-1516) that is stained by sin.
Play as the righteous cleric Cecil – who can enter people’s minds by transforming into four unique demonic creatures such as a howling werewolf or a fierce gargoyle – to fight the seven deadly sins and free the plague infested village of Sinwell.
Every creature has individual skills that can be upgraded for gold dropped by enemies. Once unlocked you can switch between the creatures on the fly, each featuring a devastating Power Dash!
Switch between your demonic creatures on the fly and make use of their unique abilities and shot types.
- Howling Werewolf – Howl at the moon and produce sound at a frequency that can shatter cracked glass to reveal hidden secrets.
- Fierce Gargoyle – Certain objects, such as boxes or braziers, can be set on fire with the Gargoyle’s Fire Breath to clear the path, unlock secrets or solve riddles.
- Mighty Griffin – Only the Mighty Griffin can climb special walls covered in vines to reach new heights, discover secrets or outflank enemies.
- One final more secret transformation – Powers of this last terrifying creature might surprise you… Will you be brave enough to discover and tame it?
Unveil Every Secret
A MYSTERY STORY! Saga of Sins is a thrilling saga with surprising twists, inner conflicts and multiple endings. Enter the mind of all the villagers – whether sinner or innocent – and be amazed by the scenarios and secrets that await you. Will you be strong enough to discover the truth?
ENHANCE YOUR SKILLS! Upgrade your demonic creatures by spending gold dropped by enemies. Climb the Skill Tree faster by looting all hidden treasure chests and by defeating foes with your Power Dash so they drop double the amount of gold!
Story Arcade Game
Saga of Sins is a “story arcade” game combining a dramatic storyline with rewarding arcade gameplay. The game offers 31 villagers’ minds to enter: sinners and innocents!
- Sinner Levels – Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Greed, Pride, Lust and Wrath! The seven deadly sins have befallen the minds of the villagers. Find them and cast out their sins to free Sinwell from the plague.
Innocent Levels – Unlike the sinners’ minds, embodied by the action levels, themed after each seven deadly sins, innocents’ minds offer a surprising variety of puzzles, riddles and skill tests to solve.