Maxis, the developer behind the tenacious Sims franchise has posted a job opening for “Project Rene”, their newest upcoming game.
Many fans have speculated Project Rene to be the awaited The Sims 5. Afterall it’s been a few years since The Sims 4 came out and they tend to move onto the sequel after they reach about $1000 worth of DLC.
According to Gamerant, the listed job application has asked for a multiplayer software engineer familiar with both PC and mobile gaming platforms. The criteria asked for includes:
- Experience developing for both PC and Mobile platform games.
- Experience with Unreal engine replication and network optimization techniques.
- Experience with shipping multiplayer games using modern game engines.
- Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
- Experience mentoring or leading engineers in different projects.
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques applied in the games domain.
- Experience using static and performance analysisy tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
At this point in time, it’s too early to say if Project Rene even is The Sims 5. But, given how Maxis has seemingly worked exclusively on The Sims 4 and Sims Mobile since 2014, it feels unlikely they’d be releasing anything but.